I want to get on the record with my predictions for Macworld, so that I can get credit in the unlikely event that my wild-ass guesses are spot-on.
The theme of this year's keynote will be all about movies, in particular HD movies. Here are the predictions:
- After the obligatory impressive facts and figures, most of the keynote will focus on Leopard, iLife 07 and iWork 07. This will drag on and on, while everyone waits for them to get to the good stuff. There will be some emphasis on organizing personal movies in iLife, not just on creating and editing them (or buying them).
- At least 1 major studio deal for iTunes movie downloads will be announced.
- iWork will get a new spreadsheet program.
- iTV will be announced and demoed, with availability some time this month -- this is a key component in the movie/entertainment theme of the show.
- A widescreen iPod will be announced, with immediate availability. Yet another tie-in to the movie theme there.
- New displays will be announced, with built-in video cams.
- No phone announcement, although there may be hints. Apple has no reason not to spread FUD in the phone market, given that they aren't yet in the market.
- My big prediction is that Apple with release a new iMac, the "iMac HD," which would include a high def display and either a HD-DVD or Blu Ray player/burner. I wouldn't be surprised to see the iMac being lighter and slimmer, and maybe even a different design or color.
There are my 8 predictions -- but I'll give myself 10 extra bonus points if I get the last one right.